Axel XTEND PASTE WIZ
contains: 0,4 Kg
Paste mold release agent for wood, plaster, composite and metal molds. Effectively seals the porous areas of mold surfaces resulting in smoother surfaces of molded part. Hightemperature paste wax for molding composites.
Composition: Proprietary synergistic blend of hydrocarbon waxes and polymer based mold release paste.
Use: Thermosets: Polyester, Vinyl Ester and Epoxy
Especially for open molding of composites, such as: hand lay-Up/Spray-Up
SOLIDS: 35-38% COLOR: Yellow SPECIFIC GRAVITY: 0.77 VISCOSITY: Paste @ 25C ODOR: Aliphatic Hydrocarbon FLASH POINT: >70C (>158F) (C.O.C.) SHELF LIFE: Minimum of one year
Apply on clean mold or pattern surface. Apply light coating. Allow to dry for a few minutes and hand polish. Initial application: Apply 4-10 coats until the surface appears sealed and lustrous. After the last coat, allow one hour drying time before molding. Production: Reapply 1-3 coats of Paste Wiz, polish to a high shine, and continue molding.
NOTE: Keep Paste Wiz can closed when not in use.
All information given by us about our products is based upon our tests and experience. It is intended for use by persons having technical skill at their own discretion and risk, and we assume no liability in connection with their use. (
Axel XTEND F-57NA
contains: 1 Gallon(3.7L) General: A liquid external release agent that dries at room temperature forming a monomolecular film which adheres by adsorption to the mold walls and has no affinity for the resin. This selective adhesion prevents the film from easily being torn off by the demolded part resulting in numerous demoldings per release application without any necessity for washing the parts. Will not interfere with any secondary operations such as decorating, bonding, or painting. Use: Thermoset Resins Thermoplastics Natural & Synthetic Rubber Composition: Proprietary resin solution of polyolefins in combination with fluorotelomer in hydrocarbon solvents. TYPICAL PROPERTIES: SOLIDS: 6.0 – 8.0% COLOR: Light Yellow SPECIFIC GRAVITY: 0.780 @25ºC VISCOSITY: <50 cps @25°C FLASH POINT: <73ºF / <23ºC (C.O.C) SHELF LIFE: Minimum of one year Application Instructions: Clean mold with CleanWiz. Porous FRP mold surfaces may require Melax mold sealer and conditioner. Apply mold release with a 100% cotton cloth. (Solvents in the mold release may dissolve synthetic fiber leaving a deposit or streaks on the mold). Wipe on uniformly using a circular motion. Allow to haze dry. Without polishing, wipe on a second coat in a small area. With a dry cotton cloth, immediately polish the wet area. Wet polishing will result in an easy-to-polish high gloss surface. After wet polishing the entire mold, repeat a second time. Wait at least a half hour before beginning to mold. Repeat wet polish application between parts gradually working up to multiple releases before re-application of the mold release. Note: Polishing is optional. For matte finish, do not polish. All information given by us about our products is based upon our tests and experience. It is intended for use by persons having technical skill at their own discretion and risk, and we assume no liability in connection with their use.
Axel XTEND 818+
contains: 1 Gallon(3.7L)
External mold release: An air-drying reactive resin solution that cures to provide a durable semi-permanent coating. Permits multiple releases without transfer at both ambient and elevated temperatures. A wipe on/leave on applied product.
Composition Proprietary resin solution comprising modified siloxane based polymers which crosslink and form a release film upon evaporation of the solvent carrier.
MOISTURE SENSITIVE. KEEP TIGHTLY SEALED. Minimize exposure to atmosphere. Do not return exposed material to can. Store above freezing and below 100ºF / 38ºC. DO NOT DILUTE
Features Easy, wipe on and leave on. No polishing High Gloss No HAPS
Uses Ideal for open molding, high yield applications such as tub/shower and boat hulls that require class “A” finishes. Molding polyester, vinyl ester and epoxy resin.
If XTEND 818+ is used on New or Green Molds: Apply 2-3 coats of XTEND XTR Mold sealer or XTEND AMS Mold Sealer prior to application of XTEND 818+ Mold Release.
Typical Properties Effective Ingredients <2% Color Clear Specific Gravity 0.720 @25˚C Flash Point <73°F / <23°C (C.O.C.) Shelf Life 12 months in unopened/original container Solvents Aliphatic Hydrocarbons Blend
New & Green FRP Molds: Read AXEL publication FocusOn New & Green Molds. Mold surfaces should be clean and free of previously used mold releases and other surface contaminants.
Apply with a clean, woven, lint free paper towel, such as the Scott Shop Towels On A Roll , Kimberly-Clark WorkHorse rags or WypAll wipes, or a heavy-duty plain white paper towel. Wet the paper towel with release until it is wet but not dripping. Gently queeze the towel in to a ball to soak the 818+ throughout the towel. Wipe 818+ on to the mold surface using smooth even strokes. Apply a thin, uniform coating and allow the release to evaporate. Do not overwork the area or continue to wipe. Simply wipe on, and allow to dry.
1) When working on a large surface area, apply to one section at a time, working from one end of the tool surface to the other. 818+ can be applied in a straight line or in a circular motion. Care should be taken to have a small amount of overlap to ensure 100% coverage. 2) 3-4 coats of 818+ are recommended for a clean, well-conditioned mold. New molds and repaired molds should be handled with special care (see Focus On: New & Green Molds. At least 2 coats of XTR or AMS Mold Sealer are recommended.
3) Allow a minimum 15 minutes for each coat of release to dry and cure before applying the next coat. Low ambient temperatures (below 70ºF / 20ºC) may necessitate longer cure times. At least a small amount of air movement is recommended to encourage solvent evaporation and cure.
4) Always use a fresh, clean cloth for each coat of release. If streaking occurs, replace your cloth with a clean one. Also make sure that the cloth is not too saturated, as heavy applications of release can streak (see FAQ’s Semi Permanent Mold Releases & FRP Molds). Most streaks can be removed by waiting for the release to cure and then lightly buffing the surface with a clean, dry cloth.
5) 30 minutes cure time after the final coat is generally adequate. Once again, the longer you wait, the better. 60 minutes or more is recommended for below 70ºF / 20ºC or for difficult mold shapes/profiles.
6) To maximize productivity, a break-in procedure can be beneficial. A good method is to apply a light rewipe of release to the mold surface following the first pull, another after the third, and another after the fifth part. It is
Axel XTEND 838
contains: 1 Gallon(3.7L)
Proprietary resin solution comprising modified siloxane based polymers which crosslink and form a release film upon evaporation of the solvent carrier. Semi-permanent mold release.
Composition Proprietary resin solution in a solvent blend.
MOISTURE SENSITIVE. KEEP TIGHTLY SEALED. CAUTION: Apply at ambient temperature. DO NOT APPLY TO HOT MOLDS (OVER 350F/ 177C) Minimize exposure to atmosphere. Do not return exposed material to can. Store above freezing and below 100ºF / 38ºC. DO NOT DILUTE
Features Superior ease of release. Self-cleaning. High gloss Wipe on, easy wipe off mold release Excellent slip with no pre-release or fish-eyes for gel coats.
Uses Especially suited for polyester resins, such as: Iso, ortho, DCPD, and PET, as well as vinyl-ester resins. Works well for both gel coated and non-gel coated parts.
Typical Properties Effective Ingredients <2 % Color Straw Specific Gravity 0.72 @25ºC Flash Point <73ºF / <23ºC (C.O.C) TBD Shelf Life 12 months in original unopened container Solvents Aliphatic Hydrocarbons Odor Paraffinic
Mold surfaces should be clean and free of previously used mold releases and other surface contaminants.
New & Green Molds, or difficult release: Application of 2-3 coats of XTEND AMS Mold Sealer or XTEND XTR mold sealer is recommended prior to application of XTEND 838.
Apply 3-5 coats of XTEND 838 allowing approximately 15-20 minutes between each coat. New molds or porous surfaces may require additional coats. Increased cure times are recommended for mold temperatures below 65°F(18°C).
Application Method 1)
Apply to ambient temperature molds by wiping with a clean, woven, paper cloth such as the Scott Shop Towels On A Roll, Kimberly-Clark WorkHorse rags or WypAll wipes, or a heavy-duty plain white paper towel. 100%, bleached white, cotton cloths can also be used.
2) Work in patches, applying a smooth, continuous light film over an area approximately 4’-6’ square (0.3-0.8m²), or a size that you can conveniently wipe before it dries. A nice wet coat should be applied, but without runs, puddles, or drips.
3) As the 838 starts to flash off (3-15 seconds), use a clean, dry paper cloth, or cotton cloth to wipe the surface to a shine. This is done in three steps. a) Starting from the outside of the wet out area, and working towards the center, wipe over the area once. Then b) flip the cloth over to a dry side, and then c) wipe over the surface again using a hand waving motion. Firm, strong pressure is not necessary for a streak free, high gloss cosmetic (shine).
4) If any streaks remain after polishing the entire surface, simply re-wet the streaked area with 838 Mold Release and wipe the area vigorously, then wipe off with a second, dry cloth.
Cure A final cure of one hour is recommended prior to molding.
Production To maximize productivity, a break-in procedure can be beneficial. A good method is to apply a light re-wipe of release to the mold surface following the first pull, another after the third, and another after the fifth part. It is also a good idea to do more frequent touch ups on sheer edges, radius areas, and high wear sections. This will improve release performance and provide the best protection for your tool.
Axel XTEND W-HS
An air-drying, water-based, reactive resin solution that cures to provide a durable semi-permanent release coating. Permits multiple releases at both ambient and elevated temperatures.
Proprietary resin solution comprising modified siloxane- based polymers which crosslink and form a release film upon evaporation of the solvent carrier.
Water-based Non-flammable High Slip
Effective Ingredients 11%
Color Off white Specific Gravity 1.005 @25˚C
Flash Point Non-Flammable
Shelf Life 12 months in the unopened/original container
contains: 1 Gallon(3.7L)
Axel XTEND 19RSS
External mold release. An air-drying reactive resin solution that cures to a cross-linked semi-permanent coating, which provides multiple release without transfer.
resin solution in aliphatic hydrocarbon solvent blend.
Very High slip coating. Fast curing. No sealer required. Highly durable coating
Effective Ingredients 1-3%
Color Clear/Pale yellow
Specific Gravity 0.73 @ 25˚C
Flash Point <73°F / <23° C (C.O.C.)
Shelf Life 12 months in unopened/original container
Solvents Aliphatic Hydrocarbons
contains: 1 Gallon(3.7L)